- 250g plain flour
- 100g sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 180ml milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Flora
- 1 egg
- Meadowland double cream (for whipping)
- Heat oven to 200 C. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with paper cases.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, Flora and egg; blend well.
- Add dry ingredients all at once; fold together just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy – don’t overmix.)
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing muffins from tin.
- Serve warm.
*Try using Meadowland double cream for whipping.